We have a Safeguarding Policy, which is available in the office for any person to read. Essentially our aim is provide a safe and caring environment for children, young people and vulnerable adults which includes those with responsibility for them.
- We are committed to supporting parents and families
- As leaders of the church we are committed to the nurturing, protection and safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults
- We recognise that child protection is everybody's responsibility
- We are committed to following the agreed procedures and following statutory, denominational and specialist guidelines
- We seek to support all in the Church affected by abuse
- We will review this policy from time to time in the light of changes in the law and other recommendations.
Every children's worker is required to:
- Complete both a self-disclosure form and an application form
- Attend a training day
- Have clearance by the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB).
While on our premises we ask you to:
- Heed notices posted during youth activities
- Report any contraventions of our policy to the Safeguarding Contact Person or her deputy
- Challenge anyone found in inappropriate place.
The Safeguarding Contact Person is Jude Collins.
|Her deputy is Debbie Liggins.|